“Those businesses that are essential to society and community, including grocery stores… should remain open.”
— Governor Larry Hogan
In this spirit—and as is our tradition—Eddie’s of Roland Park will continue operating with daily store hours while monitoring/maintaining our stock levels as best we can, and modifying our processes in keeping with CDC and state/local guidance to ensure the continuity of safe and reliable operations.
To our employees, customers, and vendors/partners—your health and safety is of primary importance of us, and we appreciate you considering public health and practicing good judgement when planning your visit. Likewise, please be assured that Eddie’s of Roland Park is upholding long-established best practices for safe food service, while taking additional, precautionary measures to reinforce germ prevention, including:
- ► Increasing the frequency of cleaning/sanitizing common contact surfaces and self-service utensils;
- ► Installing protective partitions at checkout and working to ensure availability of masks, gloves, hand soap, sanitizers and cleaning products in back of house areas, at entrance/checkout, and visitor restrooms;
- ► Offering “social distance customer assistance” through our personal shopping and delivery services;
- ► Limiting the number of customers inside the store at one time in order to provide increased space to promote and support social distancing;
- ► Suspending product returns to assure health, safety, and consumer confidence;
- ► Enabling/encouraging store employees to stay home or leave work if they are experiencing any signs of sickness;
- ► Providing "Essential Employee" I.D.'s while informing and communicating with employees regarding the most up-to-date health and safety recommendations;
- ► Offering packaged salad, soup, olive and candy options as a convenient alternative while our self-serve salad bar, soup bar, olive bar and bulk candy displays are on hiatus;
- ► Monitoring/adjusting store hours and temporarily suspending ALL store events, including book signings, wine tastings, passive/active sampling and vendor demos;
- ► We reserve the right to limit quantities.
We appreciate your partnership and patronage, and welcome you to contact us with any questions or if we can be of additional service during this time.
UPDATED: 04/06/2020 (ORIGINAL POST: 03/13/2020)
From the CDC:
How to Protect Yourself
Keeping workplaces, homes, schools, or commercial establishments safe